Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's raining sunshine!

Spring has not sprung, but it's certainly springing.

I know this because of "my good sickness," which is how I told my ESL class that I have allergies. No matter. The sun has started shining, and the gloom which always seems to wreak havoc on my winter months has lifted, leading me to sing very loudly with my iPod in public places and give out far more praise notes than usual.

Also, I am a lazy teacher. A lazy, lazy teacher. All I can say is that I'm happy I work in the primary school where I stimulate young minds with bright colors and pretty music and never have to worry about things like "literary analysis," "SAT prep," and "the essay." Yesterday, I watched three different episodes of Planet Earth. In cartooning, the assignment I gave was to "draw whatever comes to mind" while watching "Deep Ocean." I drew the separate pieces of clothes I plan to pack with me when I go on my Pan-Eurasian Festival of Madness.

And that's not all! I just finished playing tennis! TENNIS! My constant pleas to the powers that be to let the expatriate teachers use the new courts beside elementary school have been heard by the right people, and now we're allowed on the courts between 4 and 5 pm, even though school doesn't let out until 4:10.

I love spring.

No comments: